Download all Joomla templates including quickstart (demo)only $24.99

Forum

Important - Hands Up!

- Please ask using the account with which you made the purchase or download of our products and in its respective category.
- If you bought our products in another market, ask your questions in that market, not here.

* ADD PRODUCT NAME IN START OF SUBJET

Template Tienda - Virtue Mart Shop

• F
  • fariloo_hanfeil Junior Member
  • Topic Author 7 months 2 days ago #1
Hi,
when configuring the Virtue Mart  - Shop - seller information - Email, Virtue Mart says: WarnungCould not instantiate mail function.E-Mail konnte nicht gesendet werden.

That way I cannot change the Shop settings in there. (The Email adress exists.). I tried it many times now. I had to change the shop into German. Is that the problem?

Also, is it possible to rename the filter "manufacturer" on the top (after the search module in the shop) into another name?

Thanks a lot. Kind regards.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• L
  • leoalv Moderator
  • 7 months 2 days ago #2
Hello.
Are you working locally or remotely? Because if it is local and you do not have a mail server set up, Virtuemart sends that alert.

I don't know where you want to change "Manufacturer", but any phrase or word you want to change you have to create a Language Override if the phrase is not available for your language. The way to do this is here, docs.joomla.org/J3.x:Language_Overrides_in_Joomla this works for Joomla 3, 4 and 5

Regards

• F
  • Topic Author 7 months 2 days ago #3
Hi again,
it’s that point, shown on the pic. Since there are unfortunately no more filter possibilities, I actually thought out of your demo, I want to use this filter button as something different- not „manufacturer“. I am selling ropes and there I want to put in the length and thickness of the ropes to filter. 

With the mail adress I am in trouble now, because I cannot change any of the settings, because that field is required. It sends me back to all the root settings when trying to save it. I don’t understand „local“ „remotely“? 

thanks a lot. Kind regards 
Attachments:

• L
  • leoalv Moderator
  • 7 months 1 day ago #4
Hi there.
All filtering options are available in: Components >> Virtuemart >> Cconfiguration >> Sort & Search tab, here you can select and unselect available filters.

When I say local I mean if you are working on a local server installed on your computer or a remote one that is a hosting that you hire from a company.

• F
  • Topic Author 7 months 1 day ago #5
Hi,
I am kind of getting tired with virtue mart.... My Email adress on the webhost works, I tried it. Also the test mail on joomla. It all works. It doesnt work with Virtue Mart.
Now it shows up that ...
vmError: Storing of user with 127 cancelled, there exists already a user 588 with the virtuemart_vendor_id 1
vmError: storing user data
vmError: Konnte die VirtueMart Benutzerdaten nicht speichern

Also, that filters, what you wrote now, is not what I meant. I just would like to rename "manufacturer" in the 2nd filter to "rope settings". Is that possible? I guess not.
That other filter, what you are writing about, is just sorting after...

Thanks a lot. Kind regards.

• L
  • leoalv Moderator
  • 7 months 1 day ago #6
Hi.
Change from Manufacturer to Rope Settings, yes it is possible, in my previous answer I told you that it was done with Language Overrides and I sent you a link on how language overrides are created.

The error you are having is most likely because you have not changed the owner of the store.

If you want, you can write to us in the chat to give you remote support through AnyDesk if you use Windows or Teamviewer if you use Mac. We will coordinate everything through the chat.

• L
  • leoalv Moderator
  • 7 months 1 day ago #7
The client was assisted through AnyDesk.