Download all Joomla templates including quickstart (demo)only $24.99

Forum

Important - Hands Up!

- Please ask using the account with which you made the purchase or download of our products and in its respective category.
- If you bought our products in another market, ask your questions in that market, not here.

* ADD PRODUCT NAME IN START OF SUBJET

Upgrading Procar to J!5

• G
  • GooRu Junior Member
  • Topic Author 4 months 3 weeks ago #1
Hi..
I've got an install and site setup using PROCAR and Joomla 4. I think you may have created that quickstart to help with my hosting account. I've solved the issue now and running PROCAR J!5 on other sites. Is it possible to migrate the site to J!5 without too much trouble?

Curt

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• L
  • leoalv Moderator
  • 4 months 3 weeks ago #2
Hi there.
In you joomla 4 go to:System >> Information, if Mysql is 8.0.13 or more you can update to joomla 5, from Joomla update. If your site currently have mysql 5.7 but your hosting provider support 8.0.13 or more, request to you hosting to migrate your database( only Procar) to 8.0.13 or more, then update to joomla 5 from joomla update. Remember bake a backup before.

Regards.

• G
  • GooRu Junior Member
  • Topic Author 4 months 3 weeks ago #3
Leoalv....

Thanks, and yes Siteground is upgrading servers to suit this version of MYSQl, and have moved sites at my request to the upgraded server. I've already got a few installs of Procar working.
Forgive my question, does the upgrade happen within the administrator? I've not done such an upgrade for a long time, Does Joomla install in place? Then uploading the template again?

• L
  • leoalv Moderator
  • 4 months 3 weeks ago #4
If your current site is on PHP8.1.+ or Mysql 8.0.13+ and all extensions are up to date (those we delivered and those you installed yourself), then make a backup then go to: System >> Update >> Joomla >> Options (top right corner) >> in Update Channel select Joomla Next >> Save & Close, accept the box and update (you just have to follow the process), with this you have everything ready. Remember to return Update Chanel to Default after completing the migration. The Joomla Next channel is used only to move from one major version to another, example: From 3 to 4, from 4 to 5 or from 5 to 6, for updates within the same branch, example 5. 0 to 5.1 is the Default channel, that is why it is important to return to that channel after migrating.
The following user(s) said Thank You: GooRu

• G
  • GooRu Junior Member
  • Topic Author 4 months 3 weeks ago #5
Hey that's great, really appreciate. I know it was out of scope for your support so appreciate it even more.