- Please ask using the account with which you made the purchase or download of our products and in its respective category.
- If you bought our products in another market, ask your questions in that market, not here.
* ADD PRODUCT NAME IN START OF SUBJET
Procar - Shopping
I have a copy of our website, but unfortunately the shopping does not seem to work as expected in your quick setup it does not have the sizes as radio buttons i noticed..
You can see the problem here
Now click on the Size OR Colour radio buttons and it starts going wrong.
Interested in your thoughts also is there a way to disable the add to cart from the image hover ?
I've checked your product page, and I see 2 things:
1. when a size or color is selected it loads the product using ajax, the problem is that instead of loading the product detail layout it is loading the product layout of the category view which may be due to a bad configuration within Virtuemart
2. The ajax generates the following URLs, for color hopeful-wing.111-67-29-104.plesk.page/me...hing/hoodie/Gunmetal for sizes https://hopeful -wing.111-67-29-104.plesk.page/merchandise/134/10/clothing/hoodie/3XL none of these are accessible, since if you refresh them after being generated with ajax or try to enter this directly It shows the product category page, which should not be the case. If these products are child products, they must be accessible directly and this does not depend on the template.
My thoughts: I think that somewhere in virtuemart's configuration you have selected the category product layout to show in the detail view. If so, you should deactivate it and leave it as default.
You must enable access to the child products, perhaps this will also cause virtuemart itself to load another layout.
Instead of ajax you can use the direct access to the child product for the purchase.
Or maybe it's just a virtuemart bug.
Thanks for the reply, been working on this and what I have done/found so far is:
In the Config for SEO, removed the Product & Category ID's
In the Custom fields for the Multi Varient changed "as radiolist" from YES to NO, this was a big fix, it seems whatever/however the radiolists work, it does not work with the template, you can setup the same in the QUICKSTART and you can see the problem.
You can view the behaviour of our existing shopping template, but keen to keep with your templates for the complete site if possible, we currently use UT_Construction - hsvownersclubofwa.com.au/merchandise/results,1-0 as you can see this template is very rich in features for shopping, but we really don't need all this.
The problems I still have are:
- When adding multiple images, there is a carousel, and it seems to duplicate the images, again you can see the problem in the QUICKSTART if you add multiple images.
- Due to the requirement for sizes/colours etc, it does not make sense to be able to add items to the cart from the products images when you hover over them. Is there a way we could disable this?
- Building on the point above if you only have the details button would be good to just go to the details if you click the image, but that's a real nice to have at this point.
The carousel code is made to iterate indefinitely, this is beneficial, however, if your product has less than 4 images, it will clone so that 4 items can be seen in the visible list. This means that it is not a problem, but rather a feature designed for when you have many images.
To disable (hide) the add to cart button you can do the following:
1. Create the file templates/ut_procar/css/custom.css
2. inside the file paste the following CSS code:
NOTE: in the custom.css file you can add all the CSS modifications you want. They will not be lost in template updates.