Download all Joomla templates including quickstart (demo)only $24.99

Forum

Important - Hands Up!

- Please ask using the account with which you made the purchase or download of our products and in its respective category.
- If you bought our products in another market, ask your questions in that market, not here.

* ADD PRODUCT NAME IN START OF SUBJET

Tienda - Icons not showing

• E
  • etrader Junior Member
  • Topic Author 1 year 5 months ago #1
Hi!
I installed the template on an existing JM4/PHP8/VM4 site in my development environment but can not get the icons to show.
Any ideas of where to look, what could be the issue?
Thanks!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• L
  • leoalv Moderator
  • 1 year 5 months ago #2
Hi, check if Font Awesome is enabled in: System >> Site Template Styles >> ALL STYLES THAT YOU USING >> Template Options button >> Advanced >> Font Settings >> active Eable Font Awesome option and Save.

Regards

• E
  • etrader Junior Member
  • Topic Author 1 year 5 months ago #3
Enabling fontawesome has improved the situation: the social icons are now visible. But not the cart or search module.
Ok, it is colors. In layout setting style background color to black.
Is there any way of setting it to black and making the icons white?
In combination with styles?
I can not get it done.
Thanks for your assistance :)

• L
  • leoalv Moderator
  • 1 year 5 months ago #4
Please read the documentation (it's in the downloads) in the CUSTOMIZATION section.

If you are using the sidebar you can reselect the color you want to use in all the template styles you are using, in Helix >> Menu >> Mega Menu >> in Menu Type select Off-canvas to see the sidebar options.

Regards
The following user(s) said Thank You: etrader

• E
  • etrader Junior Member
  • Topic Author 1 year 5 months ago #5
presets- > menu -> text color = cart and search icon color + products in cart dropbox cart
presets -> body -> background color is the body background color but also the background of the cart dropdown.
Should the cart dropdown rather follow the menu color instead?
This is what causes confusion and an impossibility.
I include a picture.
Attachments:

• L
  • leoalv Moderator
  • 1 year 5 months ago #6
No, body background is not dropdown background color.
To change menu and dropdown options got to: Preset >> Custom Style >> Menu or edit a existing preset clicking in in pencil icon (to work no enbale Custom Style)

Regards

• E
  • etrader Junior Member
  • Topic Author 1 year 5 months ago #7
Yes, I agree!

Can you please examine my picture that I included in the previous post to see that with horizonal menu, the virtuemart cart module published in the menu area follows the background of the body styling instead of the menu styling.

• L
  • leoalv Moderator
  • 1 year 5 months ago #8
The text color and the background color of the menu bar have their own colors, and the text color and the background of the Dropdown have their own colors, so the menu can be red and the dropdown can be blue.

Instead of screenshot you can share your url as CONFIDENTIAL data and I will be able to review it better.

Regards

• E
  • etrader Junior Member
  • Topic Author 1 year 5 months ago #9
I will show you on a video that I change the background color only and both change.
(I had to use shift+refresh when the camera went to the keyboard...)
If you need after this, I can give you access to the site, it is only for development..
This message contains confidential information

• L
  • leoalv Moderator
  • 1 year 5 months ago #10
Ok, you can fix it using custom.css file ( in this file you can add customizations that you want, it no is rewrited in updates)
create custom.css file then add this css inside
Code:
div.dropdown .dropdown-content {background-color: var(--menu_dropdown_bg_color);}
then upload file in templates/ut_tienda/css/custom.css.

PS: if you not see changes remove cache of your browser.

Regards

• E
  • etrader Junior Member
  • Topic Author 1 year 5 months ago #11
Ok that helps.
It ties me in a knot with all other colors that are not easily managed unfortunately.
I will leave the defaults.
Thanks for your help so far.

• E
  • etrader Junior Member
  • Topic Author 1 year 5 months ago #12
I am looking for a bit more help with the color management.
For the cart dropdown, I made the change suggested which is good.
The other elements in the dropdown cart have the same issue.
Can you list the custom changes perhaps? I tried to find out using inspection but am not getting the right results.

Also, one question, is the framework able to change the background color of a menu item on hover? Invert the colors of background and text for example. Right now only the text color can change, not the background. Or is this a limitation of helix?

Thanks for your replied.

• L
  • leoalv Moderator
  • 1 year 5 months ago #13
To fix dropdown of cart, add following code in custom.css
Code:
div.vmCartModule .dropdown-content .total_products, div.vmCartModule .dropdown-content .vm_cart_products .product_row .subtotal_with_tax, div.vmCartModule .dropdown-content .total{color: var(--menu_dropdown_text_color) ;} div.vmCartModule .dropdown-content .vm_cart_products .product_row .product_name a{color:var(--menu_dropdown_text_color)!important;} div.vmCartModule .dropdown-content .vm_cart_products .product_row .product_name a:hover{color:var(--menu_dropdown_text_hover_color)!important;}
Yes background color for menu items is missing in helix, but you can improve with following code in custom.css (the code change background and text color on hover as you resquest)
Code:
ul.sp-megamenu-parent>li:hover>a, ul.sp-megamenu-parent>li.active>a, ul.sp-megamenu-parent>li.active:hover>a{color: var(--header_bg_color);background: var(--menu_text_color);}
If you want change background color in static state for menu elements you can use following code
Code:
ul.sp-megamenu-parent>li>a{HERE YOU CAN ADD COLOR OF BACKGROUND IF NEED}
Regards