Download all Joomla templates including quickstart (demo)only $24.99

Forum

Important - Hands Up!

- Please ask using the account with which you made the purchase or download of our products and in its respective category.
- If you bought our products in another market, ask your questions in that market, not here.

* ADD PRODUCT NAME IN START OF SUBJET

Construction - Problem with Template Lazy Load with SP Simple Portfolio component

• J
  • jambo90210 New Member
  • Topic Author 1 year 6 months ago #1
I noticed a problem with the rendering of the images/video thumbs in the SP Simple Portfolio component, turning off the template lazy load fixed this, however really want this on for the rest of the website.

Is there a way to exclude this module or something else that can be done?

Thanks

Jamie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• L
  • leoalv Moderator
  • 1 year 6 months ago #2
Hi there Jamie
Almost everything built in our template is Lazy Load, including the modules and component of the simple portfolio, blogs made with ublog and some parts of SP Page Builder. We used native Lazy load.

In which component do you want to use the Lazy Load of the template?

Regards

• J
  • jambo90210 New Member
  • Topic Author 1 year 6 months ago #3
Hi Sorry if that was confusing, what I was trying to say is that the Lazy Loading feature within the template is causing a rendering issue within the SP Simple Portolio ( www.joomshaper.com/joomla-extensions/sp-simple-portfolio ) whereby the image does not render to the correct height, this is fixed by hitting the refresh button once the page has loaded.

I found that disabling the template lazy loading fixes this issues and the images are rendered correctly the first time, so there is some conflict going on here, so wanted to understand how to fix this or at least disable the Template Lazy load for this module or some other work around?

I really want to have the Lazy Load working across the site.

Thanks

Jamie

• L
  • leoalv Moderator
  • 1 year 6 months ago #4
I reiterate my question, in which component do you want to use Lazy Load? because all parts of the demos (template) works with Lazy Load without the need to activate Helix Lazy load. To verify this you can use the element inspector of your browser or with Ctrl + U see the source code and look for lazy, you will see that the images have loading="lazy" and the attributes width and height.

Some parts of SP Page builder that use addons not developed by us do not have lazy load, to solve this you can activate lazy load of SP Page builder, this is in Components >> Sp Page Builder >> Pages >> Optons button.

Regards

• J
  • jambo90210 New Member
  • Topic Author 1 year 6 months ago #5
The Problem is with SP Simple Portolio ( www.joomshaper.com/joomla-extensions/sp-simple-portfolio ), when LAZY LOAD within the template is active it DOES NOT render the images correctly.

I have now worked out that using the SpeedCache LazyLoad works fine with the SP Simple Portolio, and across the website, so have now left the template Lazy load option turned off.

Thanks for your time. If others are using the SP Simple Portolio component with your templates, they might also have the same problem.

• L
  • leoalv Moderator
  • 1 year 6 months ago #6
Good that you solved it. I hope your solution will help others who have the same problem.

Let's clarify some points.
First: SP simple portfolio with our templates does not need Javascript based Lazy Load (like the one that comes with helix or other) because our overrides for SP simple portfolio have native lazy load with LOADING attribute which is a lazy load released in 2018 and that today with 5 years of its existence it is a standard, it is a lazy load executed by the browser without the need to load unnecessary javscript files, or viewport polyfill or intersectionObserver.

Second: The problem that you have experienced is because the javascript that creates the SP simple portfolio gallery calculates the height and width of each image together with the loading of the DOM, and the images are not the real ones but the dummy image (base64 ) of 1px generated by the lazy load, the JS that the portfolio generates gives each image a width of 1px and a height of 1px and positions them, and when the JS-based Lazy Load loads the real images it looks a mess because they don't have space.

Final: having the complete explanation, it is not necessary to use Lazy load for SP simple portfolio with our templates and for those who do not use our templates they should take into account that this incompatibility is between the javascript of Sp Simple portfolio and the javascript of Lazy Load of Helix and not a direct problem of the templates.

Regards