Download all Joomla templates including quickstart (demo)only $24.99

Forum

Important - Hands Up!

- Please ask using the account with which you made the purchase or download of our products and in its respective category.
- If you bought our products in another market, ask your questions in that market, not here.

* ADD PRODUCT NAME IN START OF SUBJET

Override for Helix Ultimate

• A
  • Aleksej Senior Member
  • Topic Author 1 year 9 months ago #1
Hello. I am using your template Binv 1.0 (Helix Ultimate 2.0.11).
1) I had to make changes to some files:

plugins/system/helixultimate/overrides/com_tags/tag/default_items.php
plugins/system/helixultimate/overrides/com_tags/tag/default.php
plugins/system/helixultimate/overrides/com_users/registration/default.php
plugins/system/helixultimate/overrides/com_users/remind/default.php
plugins/system/helixultimate/overrides/com_users/profile/edit.php

What should I do to keep the changes when updating the Helix plugin?

2) Also I was forced to change the file: templates/ut_binv/html/com_contact/contact/default.php

What should I do to save changes when updating the template?
The topic has been locked.
  • L
  • leoalv Moderator
  • 1 year 9 months ago #2
First make a backup of your entire site or all the files you have modified (keep them safe on your computer in a separate folder and keeping the path). Then try the following, it should work because that's what it's made for:

1. Copy all modified files with their parent folders from com_ onward into the templates/ut_binv/overrides folder. and it should look like this: templates/ut_binv/overrides/com_contact/contact/default.php, templates/ut_binv/overrides/com_users/profile/edit.php, etc

2. Edit the file that is inside overrides example: templates/ut_binv/overrides/com_contact/contact/default.php and add any text, refresh the frontend and verify that the added text is displayed, if it is displayed it means that your files they are being loaded from TEMPLALTES/UT_BINV/OVERRIDES, this means that they are being loaded from the right place, because these files are yours and are not modified when the plugin or template is updated. Remember this is good to have a copy off site in case disaster strikes.

3. Remove added texto to test.

Regards
  • A
  • Aleksej Senior Member
  • Topic Author 1 year 9 months ago #3
"1) I had to make changes to some files:" - thanks, that helped solve this problem.
But it didn't work for this task: "2) Also I was forced to change the file: templates/ut_binv/html/com_contact/contact/default.php".
  • L
  • leoalv Moderator
  • 1 year 9 months ago #4
try renaming templates/ut_binv/html/com_contact/contact/default.php for any other, if after this the templates/ut_binv/overrides/com_contact/contact/default.php is loaded it means your file will not be lost and in each update you can simply rename or delete templates/ut_binv/html/com_contact/contact/default.php
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aleksej
  • A
  • Aleksej Senior Member
  • Topic Author 1 year 9 months ago #5
Thank you. The question is closed.