Download all Joomla templates including quickstart (demo)only $24.99

Forum

Important - Hands Up!

- Please ask using the account with which you made the purchase or download of our products and in its respective category.
- If you bought our products in another market, ask your questions in that market, not here.

* ADD PRODUCT NAME IN START OF SUBJET

Template Demo installation besides an existing Joomla page

• T
  • Thomasinho New Member
  • Topic Author 2 years 1 month ago #1
Hi,

i think about buying the new Sombra template.
I have a running Joomla 4 site and want to install the Sombra Demo site besides my existing site in this joomla installation.
Is this possible?

Greetings

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• L
  • leoalv Moderator
  • 2 years 1 month ago #2
If you plan to buy Sombra because you want to use the template, then the ideal thing would be to install the Sombra demo locally and on top of that you import the content of your site. This task is not a simple installation with Sombra or any other Joomla template because the demo is Joomla Installations (like a backup of your site) so it requires migration or merging the old site with the new one.
There are many options depending on your knowledge and what you want to keep from your site and what you want to use from Sombra.
Template styles as well as pages made with SP Page builder can be imported and exported from the demo to your live site using a simple button, but if you want to import content from other components either from your site or from Sombra you need to work with databases, to install the component and then import its settings and content via PHPMyadmin.

Simple answer: Yes it is possible but it depends on your knowledge

Regards

• T
  • Thomasinho New Member
  • Topic Author 2 years 1 month ago #3
Ok, i think the easiest way is to make a fresh new website with a quick install of sombra and then manually import the things i want to keep from the other joomla installation (old site). Thanks for fast helping.
Sombra is bought. :)

• L
  • leoalv Moderator
  • 2 years 1 month ago #4
Thanks and Welcome