- Please ask using the account with which you made the purchase or download of our products and in its respective category.
- If you bought our products in another market, ask your questions in that market, not here.
* ADD PRODUCT NAME IN START OF SUBJET
Joomstagram - mod_ut_joomstagram_3.0.0: error 0 - Could not resolve host: graph.instagram.com
When Facebook was unreachable, the Joomla website crashes with the message:
0 - Could not resolve host: graph.instagram.com.
Is it possible to sove that in helper.php, that when the host is not there, nothing is displayed instead of a crash with : 0 - Could not resolve host...
You can simulate this behaviour with helper.php, line 27 change $media_url: instagram.com --> instagrammmmmmm.com
Or why is this error or message getting to you?
We have to understand the scenario before making changes or configuring messages
Last month, all FaceBook websites including Instagram were off-line due to a DNS problem with Facebook.
It would be a pity if your website breaks then, when it only wants to display a few images.
So my website was broken and I was not aware of the consequences of this offline Instagram for my website.
we listen to suggestions.
However: that is not always possible (in case the webmaster is not available).
In my opinion a broken external link (Instagram), should not break the website.
So I have the following suggestions:
1. As you already mentioned: an extra check if website (Instagram) is online. The performance reduction is of less importance compared to a broken website.
2. Make the extra check optional in the module configuration. So the user can select it or not.