Download all Joomla templates including quickstart (demo)only $24.99

Forum

Important - Hands Up!

- Please ask using the account with which you made the purchase or download of our products and in its respective category.
- If you bought our products in another market, ask your questions in that market, not here.

* ADD PRODUCT NAME IN START OF SUBJET

UT Joomstagram - image quality

• J
  • jumanji007 New Member
  • Topic Author 9 months 2 weeks ago #1
Hi,

I am comparing the outputted images with the instagram images and it looks like the images are losing their quality quite a bit?

Is this a known issue? Anything I can do to improve the sharpness?

Many thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• L
  • leoalv Moderator
  • 9 months 2 weeks ago #2
Hi.
There are extensions that show you the original Instagram images but they slow down the loading of the page, that is why our extension saves the images on your hosting after cutting and compressing the image, this makes a fast website designed for SEO, therefore that does not It's a problem, that's how Joomstagram works.

The quality of the resulting image also depends on the resolution of your Instagram images, if it is small and of poor quality, the cropped and compressed will obviously look of lower quality.

Regards

• J
  • jumanji007 New Member
  • Topic Author 9 months 2 weeks ago #3
Is there a way I can reduce the compression? The images on instagram are high quality but losing quite a bit via the plugin.

Thanks

• L
  • leoalv Moderator
  • 9 months 2 weeks ago #4
No, there is no option, this compression is done using Google standards that are used in Squosh

Regards