SP Page Builder 4 is a powerful and user-friendly drag-and-drop page builder for Joomla websites. With a vast library of add-ons, such as sliders, galleries, maps, forms, and social media integrations, which can be easily customized to fit the website's branding and design.
SP Page Builder 4 also features real-time frontend editing, which allows users to see how their web pages will look as they build them. The responsive design feature ensures that the web pages will look great on all devices, including desktops, tablets, and smartphones.
Overall, SP Page Builder 4 is an excellent tool for Joomla users who want to create visually stunning and responsive web pages quickly and easily, without the need for technical knowledge or coding skills.
How To Use?
The following is not the official documentation, this is a guide so that you know each part of the editor and know how it works and where the main functions are, so that you can learn to use the live editor of SP Page Builder easily and quickly.
Installing SP Page Builder
To install SP Page Builder you have to go to: System >> Install >> Extensions, drag the package in the box. The installer will install the component, the module and the plugins in one go.
For create pages go to: Componentes >> SP Page Builder >> Pages.
Creating from Start Page
- Configure Component
- Create New Page
Page Builder Dashboard
- Manage all created pages
- Enable or disable Addons
- Upload, enable or disable icons
- Enable or disable Integrations with other components.
- Install SPPB languages
- Component Options
- Create New Page
- Edit Existent Page
- Add Section with columns from scratch
- Load Page Templates from Joomshaper Library (You need buy a licence)
- Import Page from json file if you have one previously exported
- Available Addons to Drag & Drop
- Manage Sections, columns, addons and Export & Import pages.
- Manage Images, Audios, Videos and Attachments
- Page Options as title, category, status, SEO(Open Graph, metadescription, Keywords)
- Responsive Breakpoints
Using Live Editor
Here's how to work with the Page Builder layout. Remember that the changes are individual for each row, column and addon, later you can clone rows, columns and addons to save time.
SP Page Builder Rows
You can set the rows individually, you can add a title and subtitle to each row. If you need to do complex layouts you can add rows within a column and more columns within the added row.
- Toggle row options
- Row Options where you can change design and behavior of this row. (Title, subtitle, padding, margin, background, animations, responsive)
- Edit row, add and update predefined or custom number of columns.
- Save row to import in other pages
- Duplicate row with all addons, columns and settings (clone row)
- Copy row to paste in other page
- Paste row copied from other page
- Enable/Disable row
- Delete row
- Add Addon
- Create new row from scratch
SP Page Builder Columns
- Click for open panel
- Option where change Font Color, Backgrounds, Height, Padding, Margin, Border, Alignment, Responsive, animation, etc
- Hide/Show Column
- Delete column
- Change column width writing new width, it be different in each beackpoint (device)
- You can change column width Dragging this vertial bar
- Disable on the device where you want to freely change column widths, such as turning a row of 4 columns in 2 rows of 2 columns per row. To see this option you must access the row options (section)
SP Page Builder Addons
The individual configuration of each addon is different and depends on the function of each one. Here are the general options for all addons.
- Main options of this Addons (is different in each addon)
- Typography Options for title and content (not available in all addons)
- Color options, color for title, text, icon, etc
- Alignment, it is responsive, you can select different alignment in each device.
- General Options as text color, padding, margin, background, custom CSS, class, etc, (available in all addons)
- Save Addon to use in other page
- Duplicate addon
- Delete Addon
SP Page Builder Layers
This is a feature introduced in version 4 of SP Page Builder, created to have more control and access to rows, columns, and addons that in complex layouts can be overlapping or other reasons that prevent access from the canvas.
- Open Canvas Options
- Expand all layers (rows, columns, addons)
- Collapse all layers (rows, columns, addons)
- Removes all rows, columns and addons leaving the canvas blank. It is possible to recover with the undo button
- Import a page that you have exported (json file). When you import all the current content is replaced by the one in the json file.
- Export all the content of this page in a json file, to save as a backup or to import in another page.
- Reorder Rows: Click to drag and drop to their new position.
- Reorder Columns: Columns can also be reordered from the canvas
- Section Options
- Column Options
The steps to create a menu item linked to a Page Builder page are the same as the core components of Joomla. Look at the following pictures.
- Your Menu Title
- Select >> SP Page Builder >> Page
- Select a Page Builder page
SP Page Builder Module
The use of the SP Page builder module is equal to the component, and you can use all the features, with the particularity that you can publish the module on any part of your page.
- Add your module title
- Select module position
- Save module
- Open live editor of SP Page Builder (this button is available after save module)
Icons for SP Page Builder
SP Page Builder 4 gives us the ability to manage (add or remove) icons easily from a graphical interface.
At Unitemplates we create icon packs that must be installed only in the templates with which it is attached, the icon pack is found inside of icons folder or among the packs you download, and is called
TEMPLATE_NAME_ICONPROVIDER_vx.x.zip (EX: UT_Reto_Flaticon_v1.0.zip). To install go to:
Components >> Sp Page Builder >> Get Started >> Custom Icons >> Upload Your Icon
If Get Started page is disabled go to: Components >> Sp Page Builder >> Custom Icons >> Upload Your Icon.
- Add/Uplaod your icons
- Remove icon package
- Enable/Disable icons, when disabled the icons will not be possible to select from the editor
Do not install the icon pack in other templates because it could replace your existing icons with the ones from this pack.